Sunday, November 16, 2008

Monochrome Monday - Seagulls

Click to enlarge and see the detail.

If you've been following my other blog, The Pedalogue, you'll know that I recently spent three days on the lower Sunshine Coast. Our last day there dawned grey and rainy but I did manage to go out onto Davis Pier to catch some photos of the seagulls that hang around there. There must have been at least a hundred gulls sitting on the ledge of the pier, and as I approached, they'd fly off to another area to sit. These were the brave ones that remained until the last possible moment before taking off. I like how this looks in black and white as it reminds me of the day's rather drab colour.

15 comments:

Aileni said...

You have caught the grey atmosphere perfectly. I can recall similar occasions on holiday.

Carver said...

I love the way you can see a seagull that appears to be looking straight at the camera, others looking off, and then the one in the air. Wonderful shot.

~Just Me~ said...

What an awesome shot!

babooshka said...

It does have such a great atmosphere.

magiceye said...

lovely capture!

Jan said...

Wonderful photo. Around here, the gulls aren't so shy.

Nydia said...

Cute photo, and it reminded me something silly but funny: Finding Nemo's seagulls crying "Mine, mine!". LOL

Kisses from Nydia.

Your EG Tour Guide said...

These sea gulls are great fun.

mrsnesbitt said...

Wonderful leslie, I have seen these fellas in Whitby! LOL!

magicpolaroid said...

ohh so beautiful shot! luv the b&w photos!
Luis

Liz said...

Seagulls are great posers, aren't they?!

Catherine said...

The entire grey atmosphere is in the picture. It doesn't seem to disturb the seagulls occupations.
Seagulls are perfect in B&W;

Cindy said...

I've always had a thing for sea gulls- ever since I was kid and we went to Maine in the summer. Dad would take us down to Schoodic Point with Gramp and we'd feed the gulls. I never see one without remembering those wonderful times.
This is beautiful in B/W.My first Monochrome Monday is
here

The Good Life in Virginia said...

gulls are great..and my how lovely they look in black and white :)

"Sunshine" said...

Beautiful!