Thursday, October 16, 2008

Skywatch Friday - Tuscany in the Fall

Click to enlarge photo.
On this date two years ago, I was in Italy enjoying the sun and warmth of that stunningly beautiful country. This is one of the picturesque villages that I visited and was lucky to catch this shot. As I strolled around the outer wall looking down over the countryside, I saw the village church steeple rise up ahead of me. Below the village stand typical Italian cypress and Mediterranean pine trees. Only a couple of puffy cotton ball-type clouds floated past on the gentle breeze.

As I look outside at the grey skies and rain today, how I wish I were there again!

To join in or to view participants' photos, simply click HERE.

18 comments:

Enigma said...

Postcard perfect!

Unknown said...

Hi,
Thank You for sharing with us..beautiful indeed.

Katney said...

I always enjoy your trips back to Italy. I was there as a student. It has been a long time, and you take me back.

Guy D said...

Wow that is an impressive photo, thanks for sharing.

Cheers

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

Lilli & Nevada said...

wow this is like a photo out of a story book, love it

EG CameraGirl said...

Italy looks so gorgeous in your photo! (Alas, I've never been there.) Happy Sky Watch!

AphotoAday said...

Now that is a place I'd like to visit, but probably won't...

Arija said...

Such a beautif landscape, so enticing and making a perfect subject for a great skywatch post.

Unknown said...

Impressive shot!

Louise said...

Who WOULDN'T wish that! What an incredible place. Thank you for sharing your memory!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful!!! I can see why you woudl so want to be there right now!

Marina said...

Your picture is like it slipped out of a fairytail! Beautiful!!!

bonggamom said...

I wish I were in Italy too :)

Jeannelle said...

This is gorgeous! The church tower looks almost as if it puffed out the fluffy clouds above it! Happy SkyWatching! Greetings from Iowa.....I've seen your face many times.....perhaps on Iowa Grasslands blog?

ChrissyM said...

Your photo is stunning it looks like a postcard it is so perfect!

Daryl said...

lovely sky .. Italy . one of my favorite places to visit.


:-Daryl

Barbara said...

What a beautiful photography, I can almost feel the warmth of the day.

indicaspecies said...

Stunning shot, and I love those blobs of clouds!